Pearly whites not as pearly nor as white as they used to be? Cosmetic dentistry & veneers may be the solution. Dr. Ralph Bastian, a dental practioner in Peterborough, offers his clients a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry procedures, all of which promise a picture-perfect, gleaming smile. His focus is on the custom creation and fitment of porcelain and composite resin veneers.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored, translucent porcelain or composite resin. They are custom made to fit over your already-existing teeth. They are placed with the aim of improving the aesthetic appeal of a person’s smile, ultimately transforming the color and shape of his or her teeth. If you have a gap, cracked, broken, crooked or discolored teeth, cosmetic dentistry and veneers are a great option to consider.
- Porcelain veneers are known for providing a more pleasing, natural-looking and noticeable difference when compared to composite resin alternatives.
- They provide unrivaled longevity and strength, lasting up to 15 years, as opposed to a maximum of 7 years regarding composite resin veneers.
- This makes it a worthwhile investment to enhance your smile and improve your self esteem.
Many people choose composite resin veneers instead of porcelain veneers because:
- They are less costly.
- They can be fabricated directly on the teeth in the same appointment and do not require a lab fee. This means that they offer a greater amount of convenience, too.
- Lastly, composite resin veneers are also easily removed or reshaped, unlike porcelain veneers which require the reshaping of your already-existing teeth before placement.